Year 4 2023 - 2024
I am passionate about education and try to make learning fun in my classroom. Children need to be motivated to learn well. Outside the classroom my other passion is for horses of which I am lucky enough to own two. I also have a Rhodesian Ridgeback called Kito.
I am very excited to begin my next chapter at Rode Heath Primary School as a teaching assistant. After twenty years as a teacher, I have opted for a change and I love it.
I live with my husband, our two young girls and our 24 chickens. In my spare time I love to go on mini adventures with my girls, either to new parks, National Trust places, find new places to walk or go out for dinner. We particularly love going up to the Scottish Highlands and spending time in a family holiday home and exploring the lochs, walking and getting lots of fresh air. I also love gardening and baking lots of delicious treats for family and friends! I am looking forward to working with the Year 4 children this year.
Our Year 4 Learning Journey - Week beginning 25th September 2023
- Mastering the times tables - revision of Year 3 - 3X tables
- Place value - numbers to 10,000
- Rounding 4 digit numbers to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000
- Recognising homophones in correct contexts eg right and write; mail and male
- Using fronted adverbials with a comma
- Punctuating speech
- Diary writing from a character's perspective
- Writing a setting description, whilst creating mood
- Rock n Roll - playing a walking bass line on tuned percussion (Glockenspiel)
Hearts & Minds:
- My Happy Mind - Meet (and begin to understand) your brain
- How can we talk about religions and worldviews respectfully?
- Gymnastics - > Tuesday
- Dance - Wednesday
- Ancient Egyptians - why was the River Nile so important to the Ancient Egyptians?
- Networks - how does the Internet work?
- Sound - what happens to sound waves as they get further away
*Alongside all of this, we are very much aware of the importance of ensuring the children are happy, safe and secure in school and to help us do this, we will be following our Hearts and Minds curriculum. More information about our Hearts and Minds curriculum and our weekly Hearts and Mind planning can be found using this link: Hearts and Minds.
- Reading at least 4 times a week and filling in reading diaries is part of the weekly homework.
- Homework to begin week 3.
- Year 4 P.E. days this term are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. On these days, children are to come to school wearing their P.E. kits.
Renaissance link for reading click here.
In order to find year group expectations for maths, please click here, scroll down and click on the overview.
For year group expectations for English, please click here, scroll down and click on the overview.
The expectations for science and the foundation subjects can be found by selecting the relevant heading from here.
To practise spellings use this website: https://spellingframe.co.uk/
Don't forget to visit our Think Like an Engineer website regularly to see what we're all busy doing: