Parent Teacher and Friend Association
Parent Teacher Friend Association (PTFA)
Welcome to our page!
We have very recently become a PTFA so that more members of our community can join us in working together for the benefit of our children.
Our Committee 2023
Chair – Jill Margett (mum to Sophia Yr4)
Secretary – Natalie Curran (mum to Noah Yr1)
Treasurer – Mark Dimmock (dad to Harriet Rec)
Vice-Treasurer – Kay Nevitt (mum to Martha Yr5 & Roan Pre-school)
Ordinary Member – Hannah Knibbs (mum to Dougie Yr1 & Juno Pre-school)
Our aim is to:
- Organise fundraising events which will enable us to purchase “extra” items for our school which are not within the school’s budget;
- To enhance our children's educational experience and environment;
- To bring together parents, grandparents, carers, pupils, teachers and the local community and create a positive link between all parties;
In the past the PA has purchased items such as iPads, the Christmas Panto, Christmas crackers and selection boxes and a Hydroponic system to name but a few.
We are always looking for volunteers to help with events such as discos and the Summer and Christmas Fayres. We are very open to new suggestions!
Help us to raise funds
- Do you shop online? Do it through easyfundraising.org.uk and raise a free donation for our school every time you shop! Click here to visit their website.
- Play the lottery! Ours is managed by yourschoollottery.co.uk and there is a guaranteed winner within our school every week. Entry into the national draw to have a chance to win £25,000 is automatic. The more people that enter, the bigger the school prize! It’s less than £5 every month for one ticket and raises funds. Click here to sign up.
- £4 Match Funding. Do you work for a company who will match charity fundraising £4£? Many banks such as Barclays and some companies do. If so, please contact us and help us maximise our fundraising efforts.
- Clothing Bank. Situated on school grounds near the infant gates. All proceeds go to the school. Kindly organised and managed by Andrew Barratt (dad to Jainaba Yr4)
Friday 13th October - End of Term Halloween Disco.
FANCY DRESS IS OPTIONAL BUT AGE APPROPRIATE PLEASE!
Find us on @rodeheathpa
Coordinator - Jill Margett, June Skidmore and Gemma Minnery
This club runs every Friday lunchtime, offering all pupils the opportunity to save for a discounted book of their choice; they will receive 50p from school funds on their first visit. Children are encouraged to bring between 10p – 75p to school (in the named plastic wallet provided) on Fridays. Their savings will be recorded on a savings card and the book they want to buy will be put to one side.
Help needed: If you would be interested in helping out on the Book Club Stall on a Friday between 12-1pm – we are always looking for new volunteers (even if you can only help out once or twice a term) - please email us!
You can also go shopping with Scholastics Book Clubs, raising 20p in every £1 spent for Rode Heath Primary School: http://clubs-school.scholastic.co.uk/rode-heath-cnty?s=b
Volunteers wanted: If you are interested in helping out at the discos, we are always looking for new volunteers - please email us!