Year 4 2022 - 2023
I am passionate about education and try to make learning fun in my classroom. Children need to be motivated to learn well. Outside the classroom my other passion is for horses of which I am lucky enough to own two. I also have a Rhodesian Ridgeback called Kito.
Hi! I’m Mrs Pecora, part of the Year 4 dream-team, teaching with Mrs Wiskow! We also have Mrs Yates helping us some of the time and Miss Nicklin sometimes too.
I love teaching here at Rode Heath and particularly like getting creative – using my specialities drama and dance, wherever I can get them in! But I also love arts, crafts, making things, imaginative writing, dance …
I have a passion for travelling, experiencing different cultures and especially indulging in their food. Fortunately, another of my great loves is exercise; I have been described as a fitness freak, running half marathons, doing lots of yoga and things like that so it balances itself out (…most of the time!)
You can expect a lot of energy, creativity and enthusiasm from me in Year 4. We’re going to have some fabulous learning adventures together this year!
I am excited to be working with your children. It is important to me that every child feels included and supported (and has some fun along the way!).
I have three children and a large Labrador! There isn't a lot of spare time but when I can I enjoy reading, going for walks and I love to visit the Seaside!
Our Year 4 Learning Journey - Week beginning Monday 5th December
- Equivalent fractions
- Simplifying in fractions
- Adding fractions
- Mastering the 9 times tables
- Reading and studying our class novel: Mystery of the Egyptian Scroll by Scott Peters
- Identifying determiners
- Where should inverted commas go?
- Spelling verbs ending in -ed and -ing
- Some end of term assessments: Reading, Punctuation, Grammar
- Who was Tutankhamun?
Hearts & Minds:
- Identifying and celebrating character strengths
- Invasion games - ball skills - Wednesdays with the sports coaches
- End of term assessment
*Alongside all of this, we are very much aware of the importance of ensuring the children are happy, safe and secure in school and to help us do this, we will be following our Hearts and Minds curriculum. More information about our Hearts and Minds curriculum and our weekly Hearts and Mind planning can be found using this link: Hearts and Minds.
- Reading at least 4 times a week and filling in reading diaries is part of the weekly homework.
- English homework will go home Tuesday and will be due in the following Monday; Maths homework will go home on Thursday and is due in next Thursday.
- Year 4 P.E. days this term are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. On these days, children are to come to school wearing their P.E. kits.
To practise spellings use this website: https://spellingframe.co.uk/
Don't forget to visit our Think Like an Engineer website regularly to see what we're all busy doing: