We are a friendly group of parents, working together for the benefit of our children. Why not "like" us on Facebook to keep in touch... or even get involved?
Welome to the Parents Association page! Below you will find details of our upcoming fundraising events and details regarding our donations to the school.
There are some really simple ways to help us to raise funds:
- Do you shop online? Do it through easyfundraising.org.uk and raise a free donation for our school every time you shop! Click here to visit their site.
- The lottery is managed by yourschoollottery.co.uk and guarantees a winner within the school every week, and raises funds for the school. You will also be automatically entered into a national draw where you could win £25,000! . You've got to be in it to win it! Click here for the website.
- If you use Amazon, please consider using this link www.smile.amazon.co.uk to do your shopping, and choose Rode Heath Parents Association as your chosen chairty. Amazon will donate a proportion of your basket cost at no cost to you at all.
£4£ Match Funding:
Do you work for a company who will match charity fundraising £4£? Many banks (Barclays generously match £4£ the funds our Raffle and Chocolate Tombola ) and some companies do. If so, please contact us and help us maximise our fundraising efforts.
- To organise fundraising events which will enable us to purchase 'extra' items for our school, which are not within the school's budget;
- To enhance our children’s educational experience and environment;
- To bring together parents, grandparents, carers, pupils and teachers and create a positive link between all parties.
Current Committee Members:
Chair – Clare Hughes (Mum to Charlotte Y4 and Sam Y1)
Vice Chair – Frankie Durrant (Mum to George Y4 and Amelie Y1)
Secretary – Lynda Pepper (Mum to Maisy Y6 and Eleni Y2) and Rachel Fahy (Mum to Corey Y3)
Treasurer – Kay Nevitt (Mum to Martha Reception)
- Vice-Treasurer – Vikki Nicklin (Mum to Violet Y4 and Jakob Y1)
Other key roles:
Pre loved uniform - Françoise Durrant
Raffle – Clare Hughes (Chair)
Licensing – Kay Nevitt (Treasurer)
- Disco Coordinator - Laura Patterson (Infants). Frankie Durrant and Claire Ellis (Juniors).
- Book club Coordinator - Jill Margett, June Skidmore and Gemma Minnery
We committed to the Staff wish lists detailed below:
- Portable CD player
- Doll pram
- Ipod Nano
- STEM construction set
- Hammer and nails art set
- Wooden train track
- Lego brick box
- Carousel rug
- Pepperpot class stools
- Some Really Useful Boxes!
- K'NEX Renewable Energy set
- 4 mini buggies and bumper add ons
- 6 micro servos (with Crumbliser)
- YPO timer
- Dry wipe board
- Multiplication table bookmarks
- Wireless weather centre
- 5 pulse meters
- General items for the Gardening Club
Thank you ever so much for the VR kit and new reading books – the children LOVE them! Your hard work and dedication is very much appreciated by all the children and staff at Rode Heath Primary School.
Hop over to our School Uniform page for details.
Coordinator - Jill Margett, June Skidmore and Gemma Minnery
This club runs every Friday lunchtime, offering all pupils the opportunity to save for a discounted book of their choice; they will receive 50p from school funds on their first visit. Children are encouraged to bring between 10p – 75p to school (in the named plastic wallet provided) on Fridays. Their savings will be recorded on a savings card and the book they want to buy will be put to one side.
Help needed: If you would be interested in helping out on the Book Club Stall on a Friday between 12-1pm – we are always looking for new volunteers (even if you can only help out once or twice a term) - please email us!
You can also go shopping with Scholastics Book Clubs, raising 20p in every £1 spent for Rode Heath Primary School: http://clubs-school.scholastic.co.uk/rode-heath-cnty?s=b
We try to organise a school disco every term. The INFANT discos (Reception, Y1 & Y2) run from 5pm to 6.30pm and JUNIOR discos (Y3-Y6) from 6.45pm to 8.15pm. At the discos we sell a variety of snacks (sweets, crisps and chips), drinks and novelty items.
Entry is £2 on the door.
Volunteers wanted: If you are interested in helping out at the discos, we are always looking for new volunteers - please email us!